Behind the ears tattoos are one of the most sought-after tattoo ideas on the internet. It’s a perfect location if you don’t have a better location for yourself.
There are tons of behind the ears tattoos for guys and ladies at the moment; I would share diverse tattoo ideas just for you in this article. You won’t run out of ideas again.
Here are some things to consider if you’re thinking about getting a behind the ear tattoo:
- Size and Design: Due to the limited space, behind the ear tattoos are usually small and intricate. Popular design choices include simple symbols, small quotes, initials, flowers, birds, stars, and other delicate motifs. Keep in mind that intricate details might be challenging to execute in such a small area.
- Pain and Sensitivity: The skin behind the ear is relatively thin and sensitive, so the pain level during the tattoo process can vary from person to person. Some people find this area to be quite uncomfortable, while others tolerate it well. It’s generally a good idea to prepare for some discomfort.
- Healing Process: Like all tattoos, behind the ear tattoos require proper aftercare to ensure proper healing. The area is prone to friction from clothing and accessories, which can impact healing. Following your tattoo artist’s aftercare instructions is essential to minimize the risk of infection and promote healing.
- Visibility: One of the reasons behind why ear tattoos are popular is their ability to be easily concealed. They can be hidden by your hair or revealed by tying your hair up. This makes them a suitable choice for people who want a tattoo but also need to adhere to professional or conservative appearance standards.
- Tattoo Artist: Finding a skilled and experienced tattoo artist is crucial, especially for small, intricate tattoos. Look for an artist who has experience with behind the ear tattoos and can provide examples of their work.
- Placement: Placement is essential for behind the ear tattoos. The tattoo artist will work with you to determine the best size and position to ensure the design fits well in the limited space and complements the shape of your ear and neck.
- Allergies and Skin Sensitivity: The skin behind the ear is delicate, and some people may have allergies or sensitivities to tattoo inks. Discuss any known allergies or skin issues with your tattoo artist before getting the tattoo.
2023 Latest Behind the ear Tattoo Designs for You
1. Writings behind the ear tattoo
If you have a particular write-up you want to showcase in the form of a tattoo, the writings behind the ear tattoo are perfect for you. If this is your choice of design, make sure your text is very short due to limited space.
2. 444 behind the ear tattoo
The 444 tattoo is one of the most sought-after tattoos in the past, common among music celebrities. 444 tattoo behind the ear is a perfect choice for you if what you want is simplicity.
3. Dog footprints behind the ear tattoo
Tattoos are a personal form of expression, and getting one is a significant decision. A tattoo of dog footprints can hold various meanings, such as representing a beloved pet, symbolizing loyalty and companionship, or even just showcasing your love for dogs. So, if you want to show respect with a tattoo, this is a perfect choice.
4. Couple behind the ear tattoo
Where are my lovely couples? The search for the perfect couple tattoo is over; the couple behind the ear tattoo comprises either the first letters of both parties or something similar.
Why I won’t choose this: Breakup can be inevitable, so what happens to your tattoo when your relationship has ended? You have to get it removed. More pains!!
5. Spider behind the ear tattoo
Spider lovers, I got something for you. If you are a fan of spiders and you need a perfect tattoo to express your love for spiders, this is a perfect choice for you. Behind the ear tattoos don’t need so many details like the forehand tattoo design; one artistry work would work.
6. Scissors behind the ear tattoo
It’s not a common tattoo design; of course, you want to do something entirely different from what others are doing. Although many have linked it to fashion, this is a perfect tattoo for you. Cool, though!
7. Number behind the ear tattoo design
Suppose you have a date or a number that is significant for you. You probably lost someone so dear to you, and you are looking for a tattoo to show that you care; the number behind the ear tattoo design is perfect for you.
8. Snake behind the ear tattoo
Snake lovers get behind; I got something for you! Snakes are some people’s pets, so I am not surprised why people tattoo them behind their ears.
Snake tattoos signify agility and fearlessness; be sure your religion permits it before putting them on.
9. Dollar sign behind the ear tattoo
Rich nigga, and you want to show everyone you got excess dollars, come here; I have got a perfect tattoo for you. The dollar sign behind the ear tattoo design describes the $ behind your ear; it could be a currency.
Other behind the ears design tattoos include
- Bird behind the ear tattoo
- Stars behind the ear tattoo design
- Lizard behind the ear tattoo design
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Behind the Ear Tattoos
1. What is a behind-the-ear tattoo?
A petite design that is placed on the skin behind the ear. It’s a small and discreet location that offers a unique way to express yourself through body art.
2. Does getting a tattoo behind the ear hurt more than other areas?
Pain tolerance varies among individuals, but many people find behind-the-ear tattoos to be slightly more painful due to their thin skin and proximity to bone. Pain levels are generally manageable, and the discomfort is often short-lived.
3. Are behind-the-ear tattoos suitable for everyone?
Behind-the-ear tattoos can be a great choice for those seeking a small, hidden tattoo. However, the area is limited in space, so intricate designs might be challenging to execute. Consult with a professional tattoo artist to know if your desired design will work well in this area.
4. How long does it take to heal a behind the ear tattoo?
Healing times vary, but typically, behind the ear tattoos take around 1 to 2 weeks to heal. Following proper aftercare instructions, such as keeping the area clean and moisturized, will aid in the healing process.
5. Will the tattoo fade quickly because of its placement?
Behind the ear tattoos are exposed to less sunlight and friction compared to other areas, which can help preserve the tattoo’s color. Understand that all tattoos will naturally fade over time, so using sunscreen and proper skin care can help maintain vibrancy.
6. Can I get any design as a behind-the-ear tattoo?
While small and simple designs work best due to the limited space, many different designs are suitable for behind-the-ear tattoos. Popular choices include symbols, initials, small animals, flowers, or minimalist patterns.
7. What should I consider before getting a behind-the-ear tattoo?
Before getting any tattoo, consider factors such as your pain tolerance, the design’s size and complexity, your commitment to aftercare, and your workplace’s tattoo policy. Think about whether you’re comfortable with a tattoo that’s visible when you tie up your hair or wear your hair short.
8. How do I choose a reputable tattoo artist for a behind-the-ear tattoo?
Research local tattoo artists and studios, looking at their portfolios to ensure they have experience with small, intricate tattoos. Read reviews, visit the studio in person, and ask questions to find an artist whose style aligns with your vision.
9. Can I cover up a behind-the-ear tattoo if needed?
Depending on the size and color of the tattoo, it might be possible to cover it with certain hairstyles or clothing. However, you might need to explore options like laser tattoo removal or a larger cover-up tattoo for complete coverage.
10. How do I take care of a behind-the-ear tattoo during the healing process?
Clean the tattoo gently with mild soap and water, pat it dry, and apply a thin layer of unscented moisturizer. Avoid picking at scabs, exposing the tattoo to excessive moisture, and direct sunlight during healing. Follow your tattoo artist’s aftercare instructions closely.
Getting a tattoo behind the ear is perfect if you want something discreet or partially hidden. Note that because of the placement, it’s a bit painful to get, but trust me, it’s worth the pain.